Sunday, December 9, 2012

eleven!


            I have had a rude awakening BOTH mornings this weekend… probably by the same mosquito team.  They like to wake me up by playing a very high pitched song in my ear.  Actually, they do it all throughout the night.  Even when I hide under my covers and seal myself in, they still find me! Is there a nest INSIDE my bed or what?  And if I turn the fan on to blow them away, I get too cold!  Ugh. But this morning, I had sweet revenge on one of them.  Then this afternoon I swatted one mid-air while I was doing dishes and it fell into a bowl that was soaking getting ready to be washed.   And the little bugger drowned… serves him (or her) right!
            I went to the other church (meaning not the one at DA) today, and they had their children’s program.  It was super cute and I am happy I got to see it since I will miss Oak Grove’s. : (  It was an okay substitute, but I must say Oak Grove has some pretty spectacular children programs!
            We went to an International Fair after church.  A lot of people from a lot of countries come to sell their stuff, and it was fun!  But I really just like shopping when there are set prices and I don’t have to bargain for a decent price.  Especially since I am white.. it never works out very well for me.  They want me to spend $40 on a shirt? No thank you.
            Anyway, I just got back from a student’s piano recital.  She was so cute!  On my way there, I saw my favorite guard right before the school and we had the usual conversation.  He says some French that I understand one or two words out of.  I either say yes or no, depending on what I THINK he said.  He laughs (I guess my interpretation is usually wrong). I laugh, and keep walking.  But this time, a taxi man stopped and said “taxi, madam?” and I said “no, merci”.  And the guard said “they loooooooooooove you!” 
            I’m not quite sure who “they” is… but sometimes “they” love me just a little too much.  Remember when I wrote about how if I talk to the people, they just end up bugging me more and talking more?  Well this story proves it…
            After the piano recital, I went to the fruit stand and on my way there a boy.. probably about 16ish said “bonjour” and I said “bonjour” and kept walking.  Then, he starts following me and saying “mama!” “mama!” ugh.  about 20 feet later, two other boys (a little bit younger than the other one) say bonjour, so I say it back, and then they start laughing at their friend.  At this point the older one says “Pomme! Pomme!” I think he wanted me to buy him an apple.  So I just said “I’m not your mama, go away.”  Because let’s face it, kid:
            1) I’m not old enough to be your mama.
            2) If I was your mama
                        a. you wouldn’t be harassing strangers.
                        b. You would be saying please, instead of just using one-word demands.
                        c. I would hope that you wouldn’t be as annoying.
            3) I would never buy an apple for somebody who is rude.
Is that outline clear enough for you, little buckaroo?
            Apparently not, because after I tried to tell him that I was indeed not his mother, he kept yelling at me.  I had just reached the fruit stand, but nobody was there, so I went across the street to the other one.  The old one followed me across the street, while his little friends stayed on the other side just laughing.  So I said hello to the fruit men, who ended up being angels in disguise.  Two of them chased those 3 bullies away, while the other one kindly got me some fruit.  And before I left, I think the one helping me asked which way I was going because he pointed one way then the other, so I told him which way I was going and he said good, because the bad guys were the other way.  Then he said something else in French.. and I went home. And now here I am.  I’m pretty sure, those boys would have followed me home if the fruit men hadn’t chased them off!  So, I am very thankful for God’s protection, and those gentlemanly fruit men.  
            Just eleven more days until home! Almost to the single digits!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear me! This is scary! Thank goodness (God) you got home safely, thanks to the angels in disguise. You better be soooooo careful little missy! Prayers are being sent to heaven for you w/o ceasing. Love, your overprotective Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. well "they" is EVERYONE!
    remember, everybody loves lauren!!! :)

    ReplyDelete