Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Christmas Music Candlelit Dinner For One



Is what I am enjoying right now! Thanks to a delightful package received on Monday.  And the candle smells like cinnamon frosting! Yummy!! Maybe I should burn it instead of eating desert.. but, since the power is out right now, I should eat my ice cream for dessert or else it will melt :) The only thing that would make this better is if I could plug my Christmas lights in.  I have been looking forward to it getting dark lately just so I can look at my lonely string of lights : )
            Also in the package was every unperishable (Word says it is imperishable??) pumpkin item possible and some reeses!! And a birthday card. A wonderful package if I do say so myself! 
            About the power.. it has been going out a lot more recently, which I am actually thankful for because I would rather have it be going out now rather than a month ago when it was too hot to bear without a fan.  It was actually super nice today, I didn’t even use the AC in my classroom.  At first because the power was out, but then because it felt just fine with only the ceiling fans and windows open!
            Today in Math we were doing bar graphs, and one of the problems had the year 2000 in it.  One of the girls said “I wasn’t even ALIVE in 2000.”  Wow.. that made me feel OLD.
            And also today, another girl gave me a very inspirational drawing with some kind words written on it. Something like “be yourself no matter what anybody tells you” and something else really cute too! I will have to look at it tomorrow and quote it exactly for you :)
            So, this was a very hodge-podgey sort of blog, but I guess a lot of them have been that way recently! 

1 comment:

  1. So many things to say about this post. I read it to Jack & he said, "Too many poop stories will not attract too many of the guys you might otherwise be able to engage in conversation." Then he thought it was very hilarious that you talked about fishy poop along with your description of your fabulous dinner. So glad you posted the pictures of your Christmas deco. and we both like your entries of classroom adventures. We praise our Lord for you; the way He has made you ~ His treasure and ours!

    ReplyDelete