Friday, October 26, 2012

Unlucky kind of Luck


              We don’t have school today because of a Muslim holiday called Tabaski, so after we lost our handball tournament : ( I was able to watch ALL of game 2 last night! GOO giants!! Unfortunately, the power went off in the bottom of the 3rd inning, and when the power goes off, the internet does too : ( BUT they were having a middle school all nighter at school, so we knew they would probably turn the generator on, so we walked over and finally got set up to watch it in the office : ) and we didn’t miss anything too important! But the internet connection was as good, so it kept pausing.  It was rare to see a full pitch, and sometimes somebody would get on base and we had no idea what was going to happen.  But the main thing is we won! 
            On our way back home we saw a HUGE rat scurrying across the street. I mean, this thing was the king kong of rats. Disgusting. But we made it home alive and I finally got to go to bed about 4 am.. I don’t even remember the last time I stayed up that late.  I slept in until 11! I looked at the clock and couldn’t even believe it.
            I decided to come to school and do some work, but I got on facebook first of course.  I saw a status update from another teacher here that said she won something from the grocery store.  They are giving away prizes to celebrate Tabaski.  The grand prize is a sheep, which they “sacrifice”… I’m not really sure what the holiday is all about though.  But, anyway, I saw that she had won a mug, which reminded me that I had two scratcher tickets that I had never scratched off because I knew I wasn’t going to win anything.  But, I decided to just check.. so I scratched the first one off and it said mouton.. which is THE GRAND PRIZE.  I couldn’t believe my eyes, so I scratched the next one off and it said tasse.. which is a cup.  I had no idea what to do.  I figured the store would be closed by now, but I decided I couldn’t pass up this opportunity so I went and checked with some friends to be sure I wasn’t crazy and they told me to go!  So Katie and I went to the store but it was closed.  There was a guard there who told us to come back tomorrow and maybe they would still have one. 
            There was also a lady there who tried to steal my water bottle and then tried to get in the back of the truck.  The guard said she was crazy.. and I believe it because she wouldn’t even let me shut the door!  People can be scary here.
            I truly sincerely hope they do have a sheep left for me.  I would drive it to the jungle and set it free.  Or at least I hope I can still win the mug!
            Anyway, I learned my lesson… never doubt the scratcher ticket.  I can’t believe how unlucky I am.. even when I get lucky and win something it’s too late to actually claim the prize.  

1 comment:

  1. Go-o-o-o Giants! Walk with God and remember -
    "...we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
    Romans 8:28.

    ReplyDelete