Monday, August 27, 2012

another dry day!


            Today I walked home under a sunny, slightly cloudy sky.  I heard some thunder as I walked through the THREE doors to get into my building.  Yes three.  One is a gate, the next is a metal jail door thing and the next is a glass door.  I walked up the looong flight of stairs, into my apartment sweet apartment, and just a few minutes after that there was BIG thunder that rattled the windows. Then, it started pouring!! The second time in a row that God waited to start the rain… JUST for me, I’m sure! : )
            I started to do the dishes, and then decided to go to the roof and enjoy the rain.  Best decision ever! 
            Here is a classroom story for you.. haven’t had much of those yet!  During math today I did a quick lesson and then gave them an assignment and told them I was just going to go and have some cookies because they could handle it on their own.. so about 5 minutes later, one of the little Brazilian boys raises his hand and says “so.. if we have a question, should we just ask one of our neighbors?” and I said “you can just ask me!” and he said “oh, I thought you were leaving!” and I said “oh, I was kidding! Did you all believe me?”  and the CUTE little Japanese girl said “well we never thought you would lie to us!!” yikes, way to make me feel guilty!  They obviously just don’t know me well enough yet.
            Also.. I tried to eat a mango tonight and it had black stuff in it… I was sooooooo sad.  (just had to get my daily mango post in, you know)
            Still wishing I would have gotten a whole tub of n’ice cream…

1 comment:

  1. Oh your kids sound soooo cute! I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete