Tuesday, August 28, 2012

sad news...

           Our class pet is no longer with us.  Today, before lunch, the kids were washing their hands at the sink when 2 of the girls come running up to me saying "MS. FISHER!! THERE IS A CROCKROACH CRAWLING UP OUT OF THE SINK!!!!" so i, being the calm, intelligent adult that i am, just said "wash it down!" and they said "ITS TOO BIG!" so husky little Miguel marches over to the sink, picks it up by its antennas and throws it out the door!!!! i was terrified that the stinker was going to drop to the floor somehow and try to kill me!! but i am still alive, and the "crockroach" probably is still alive also, even after the 10 stomps that Miguel gave him after slamming him on the floor.
            Then Miguel walks back in and says "He was biting me the whole time." Do cockroaches bite??????????? blech.
            On a lighter note, i got made fun of for my non-french accent today.  I went to Tafa's to buy some bread for dinner and i don't know anything but vocab words.. like 10 of them. so i just say "bonjour..." and then "pan" for bread, so basically i sound like a cave woman.  Tafa corrects me and says "pan" EXACTLY how i said it! at least it sounded the same to me! its hopeless.  and then the two old men sitting on the bench say "bread!" and i say "oui oui oui!!!!!" BUT this time, i knew exactly the amount of money he asked me for.  (even before he said it in english) so i gave him money and i needed 50 francs for change, and as he is digging through his change bucket, i give him another 50, and he was so proud of me!!!  then he just had to give me 100 francs, which i guess was easier!  not only did i know how much to give him, but i could do math as well!  ..is probably what he was thinking.
             In other news, i paid $6 tonight for a tiny little tub of ice cream... sigh.

1 comment:

  1. oh Miguel! way to be the hero for Lauren! :) :)

    And 6 dollars... for a tiny tub of ice cream... maybe I should move there so I don't eat as much ice cream... it is my favorite... I could go for an ice cream date with you right about now! :)

    LOVE YOU LOTS!

    ReplyDelete