Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Funday!

Today we had a "dedication service" at school.  I don't remember if I already wrote about the church situation here, but if not, here it is.  There are two main churches that DA people go to.  One of them is ICF, where I went last week.  This was the only Christian church in the area for a long time.  Then, they started having church at the school because the other one got too big! So now there is ICF and DA church.. i think it has a more official name than that, maybe not.. i dont know.  Anyway, today we went to the DA church for the dedication service.  It was soooo hot in there.. no AC :( the other one did have AC.. major plus!!! :) and i forgot my water, so i felt like i was going to pass out a few times, but i didnt!
So, we basically just had a short talk about dedication, and then had a bunch of prayer sessions.. for the students, for the parents, the staff, and administration.  and of course we had singing!  It was really good!  I was reminded once again how thankful I am to be teaching at a school whose mission is to glorify God!! Thank you Lord!
After church, we went to a family's house and had a yummy lunch.  The plan was to go to the beach after lunch, but there was a HUGE storm last night so a lot of people didn't sleep very well and were tired, so we just played games instead!  Although I was really looking forward to the beach, games were a good alternative! :)
So now I am home, and tomorrow marks the first week of school!!! I can't believe we start on Wednesday!! yikes!  I am sooo excited and so nervous! Mostly excited :)

1 comment:

  1. I imagine games were a great alternative for you! Did you win the most?? We are loving your blog and enjoying hearing about your new life. Maybe there's a book in this blog's future?

    ReplyDelete