Wednesday, September 19, 2012

R.I.P. Fall


            Today it is more than half way through September, which means it is almost October.. I love October.  And November.  And December.  But, let’s not get too carried away here.  The point is… I’m missing Fall.  Everything about it!!  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the hot, humid weather here.  I just love how I get all sticky walking from my classroom to the office.  I love how bananas turn SO quickly here (is that because of the humidity, I don’t know!).  I love dripping sweat onto a child’s paper as I lean over to help them.  (okay that last one hasn’t happened, yet.. thanks to my trusty air conditioner!!  Which, by the way worked FABULOUSLY today.. it has its ups and downs for sure! But how scarring would that be to get your teacher’s sweat on your paper.. gross!!)  anyway, I don’t actually love those things.
            But I DO love Fall.  The pretty colors, pumpkin spice lattes, the perfect weather, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, apple hill (okay, I have only been there once.. but it was SO fun and I want to go again),  pumpkin pie ice cream, Thanksgiving, and everything pumpkin… and everything else!
            Mug and Muffin (the youth pastor’s wife has all the ladies over in the middle of the day and feeds us delicious treats and yummy drinks) was today and we had this yummy apple bread stuff with apple cinnamon cream cheesey spread.. ahhh soo good.  And she had decorated her house with all these cute fall decorations.  I had been thinking about how much I missed it already, but today really made me realize it.  So, I am already looking forward to the next Fall I will get to experience!!  And then I was thinking about people who stay here for their whole lives.. they hardly ever get to have a true Fall.. except on furloughs.. but that is a real sacrifice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment